View Video Transcript
Have you ever wondered how to find the Facebook link of your Facebook ad or the post ID of your Facebook ad? EcomBack can teach you how with easy step-by-step instructions that never require any complicated tools.
Whenever you post, Facebook allots that post an ID, whether that is a simple post from your personal profile, or your business page, or an ad from your business manager’s ad account.
Let’s say you previously had an ad or a post with some great social proof, and now you want to use that same ad/post with the same social proof (i.e., likes, shares, comments). Continue reading this blog to find out how to efficiently perform this task!
How to Get Facebook Ad Link:
- Select the ad and click the button that says “Preview” in the top right corner.
- Then, a smaller window will pop up, and it will show the preview of the ad you just selected.
- To get the link, click “Share” at the top, which will show a drop-down menu. The first button, “Share a link,” will provide the URL you need to share your ad.
- Simply COPY the link and share it with whoever you want, whether that be over email, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, etc.
How to Get Facebook Post ID (Option 1):
- Click “Share,” then “Facebook Post with Comments,” which can be found towards the middle under “See Post.”
- It will then open your ad in a new tab on the Facebook browser page.
- This allows you to copy the social proof. Go to the link in the address bar and find the number after “posts.”
For example: https://www.facebook.com/104418001440441/posts/326406992574873
This means that the post ID is: 326406992574873
- Select and copy the number.
- Create a new campaign by pressing “Create” in the top left corner.
- Hit “Create a new campaign,” then choose the Campaign Objective, whether that be for Brand or Reach awareness, Traffic, Engagement, App installs, Video views, Lead generation, Messages, Conversions, Catalog sales, or Store traffic.
- After selecting your campaign type, click on the tap located on the left-hand side that says “New Ad.”
- In the “Ad Setup” section, select the option in the drop-down menu that says, “Use existing post.”
- You will enter the post ID under the “Ad Creative” section.
- Your post should now be ready with the existing social proof!
How to Get Facebook Post ID (Option 2):
- In your browser, go to your Facebook page account.
- There, you can select a post that you want to copy.
- Click on the date it was posted, which should be highlighted below your account name.
- This will bring you to a new page. Then you do the same step as Option 1: Select and copy the number from the address bar, which will give you the post ID.
- Then, repeating the same steps from Option 1, you will then paste the post ID in the “Ad Creative” section.
- Finally, your post is ready to publish, and it has the same social proof as the original ad.
Once you have completed these things, your ads will perform better, and you can save money by using the same ad repeatedly. So, stop wasting precious time and get started today!
And if you still are confused, contact an EcomBack representative today. We are your Shopify partners and can help enhance your Shopify store. As one of the leading Shopify development agencies, we have the solutions your e-commerce business needs.