How to Configure Shipping Method in Magento 2
Are you looking for a tutorial on configuring shipping methods in Magento 2?
Look no further because we have the perfect step-by-step guide for you. Learn how to set up your shipping methods so you can process orders more efficiently and ship them out faster.
Once your customer’s order gets shipped out, what happens next is out of your control. So choose your preferred shipping method plays an important role in order fulfillment success. If you select the wrong method of Magento shipping, there’s a possibility that you and your customers will face problems.
Magento 2 has many built-in shipping methods. Don’t worry, though, EcomBack has steps highlighted below that can make the process straightforward, so you can get on with running your business.
Setting Up Magento Shipping
To configure the shipping / delivery method, you need to go to Admin > Stores > Settings > Configuration > Sales > Shipping Methods
Shipping methods available:
- Flat Rate
- Free Shipping
- Table Rates
- M2E Pro Shipping
All these methods on Magento 2 have very similar steps that need to be completed. The step that every method requires is the first one: ENABLE by selecting “Yes.” The remaining steps will be filling out values like sizes or weights as well as other required information like Gateway URLs.
How to Configure Flat Rate Shipping Method
Flat Rate Shipping Method is a straightforward method for you to set up your shipping method at your business. It charges the same flat rate for each order, regardless of size, weight, or address.
Because it’s simple to set up and use, the flat fee shipping is popular among several carriers. It’s also an excellent option if retailers want to control the shipping costs and increase profits.
Flat Rate charge can be applied per shipment or per item. You can also use a carrier of your choice because no specific carrier is specified.
- Enable the Flat Rate shipping method.
- Change the Title of the shipping method from Flat Rate to your own custom title.
- You can set a Method Name to appear next to the calculated rate in the shopping cart.
- The Type (None, Per Order, or Per Item) can be applied per shipment or per item.
- Enter the Price you want to charge for Flat Rate Shipping Method.
These steps are pretty much similar for Free Shipping and Table Rates.
How to Configure Free Shipping Method
Utilizing the free shipping option as a part of your customer promotion program is a great way to sell products faster. The free delivery method is determined by the cart price limit you’ve established and the minimum purchase requirement. Furthermore, you may set the shipping method for a specific product or an entire order.
Customers are put off by the cost of delivery, so this technique can help you increase sales rapidly.
How to Configure Table Rate Shipping Method
This method references a table of data to calculate shipping rates based on these three conditions.
- Weight vs. Destination
- Price vs. Destination
- Number of Items vs. Destination
How toConfigure the UPS Shipping Method
- Select Yes to Enable the UPS Shipping Method
- For Live Account, select Yes to confirm that the account is active.
- Fill out the remaining necessary information.
How toConfigure the DHL Shipping Method
- Enable DHL shipping method
- Enter the Gateway URL given by DHL
- Make a Title for the DHL shipping method
- Enter the DHL shipper account Access ID
- Enter the DHL shipper account Password
- Enter the Account Number
- Complete the other sections as well, such as Handling Fee, Weight Unit, Size,
FedEx and the United Postal Service will usually require some sort of account, ID, or URL as well.
We hope this was helpful for you to figure out how to configure shipping methods in Magento 2. If you have additional questions about setting up shipping, send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org).