View Video Transcript
Add Custom Domain Name in Shopify
Adding a domain to your Shopify store allows you to better define your brand and gain client confidence. By default, your Shopify store has a myshopify.com URL. Changing the web address that’s displayed requires you to add a custom domain. This is also a good tool to learn if you have a new store or want to connect an existing store to another domain.
EcomBack can teach you how to add a custom domain to your Shopify store.
How to Connect a Third-Party Domain
- First, click on “Settings.”
- Find “Domains” under “Sales channels” and click on it.
- You have the option to buy a new domain or connect an existing domain.
- To connect an existing domain, first enter the URL in the text box.
- The next step is to verify the third-party provider/connection. Log in to your domain provider and update A Record and CNAME.
5a. This can usually be found in your DNS Settings or Domain List.
5b. Shopify will provide the required IP address and CNAME that you need to change the existing ones to. For instance, the CNAME (www) should be changed to shops.myshopify.com
5c. The A Record is updated by changing the old IP address to the Shopify IP address, which is: 22.214.171.124. You also may need to change the Host to “@”
- To finish the process, click on “Verify connection” on Shopify. It may take up to 48 hours for the domain name to change.
You can add up to 10 domains or subdomains. If you have the Shopify Plus plan, then you can add up to 1,000. In addition, when you add a domain to Shopify, a new TLS certificate is automatically created at no extra cost to you.
EcomBack is the Top Shopify Store Service Provider for eCommerce Businesses
EcomBack is a Shopify Partner that has extensive expertise in creating excellent Shopify store design and development solutions. Our team of Shopify designers and developers has assisted with the creation of numerous e-commerce shops using customized themes and features that go above and beyond expectations.
If you have any more questions about your Shopify store or wish to explore other strategies for boosting your e-commerce business, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our helpful customer service team.