Plan for Success
As an e-commerce business owner, you must know every strategy possible to drive traffic to your website. While paid advertisements are an easy and effective way, SEO content will work every time, especially when you are on a budget.
A study from eMarketer shows that by 2023, e-commerce is predicted to generate about $6.5 trillion in sales. This is double the number from 2019 and a sure sign that you are in the right business! However, the average visitor spends 15 seconds or less on your webpage. This split-second decision is your chance to convince them to stay. So, how will you intrigue the right consumers?
By the end of this blog, you should know who your target audience is, how to write SEO content and other great marketing solutions that EcomBack’s team can provide.
Optimize & Market Your Business
The ever-increasing cost of acquiring new customers should convince you, as a frugal business owner, that a solid strategy for long-term growth isn’t relying solely on paid traffic channels. The best thing you can do for your business is producing free content.
John Murphy from Entrepruener sets an example with his website. When he produced content for his shoppers, focusing on the best products by category to help customers make better choices, he got more traffic than ever before.
“I started publishing content in February 2019, and by June, I was already getting traffic and sales. Over time, the traffic kept growing, and I kept producing helpful content. In 2020, I generated over $2 million in sales from that organic strategy from only one e-commerce store.” He then adds, “If I hadn’t gotten started with SEO, I’d be out of business today.”
Sometimes, SEO takes a while to build awareness. If it doesn’t target the right audience, it will be a long time before people are pulled down the marketing funnel.
Helpful Writing Tips
The idea isn’t to just write any old thing and post it willy-nilly. You have to create articles, blogs, case studies, etc., that are valuable to the readers. Yes, keywords are important, but if there is no concrete, factual information, then you’ll lose the loyalty of your audience.
In terms of online stores, the best way to highlight your business is through gift guides. This is a simple and easy way to feature products that not only are on-trend but give customers an overall idea of what you sell. By organizing your guide in a way that is easy to navigate, all sorts of shoppers will flock to it. Having titles like “Gifts under $25” or “Holiday Gift Guide” is also a great way to market specific merchandise.
When brainstorming ideas and topics, think about your brand or niche and what customers search for when choosing a product. Also, if you have been in business for a while, then you’ve probably got a lot of similar questions. Use this as an opportunity to write an article surrounding that topic, and when people search the question, hopefully, your post is the one that helps them out!
The most crucial thing is to write with an angle. Copying your competition is never a good idea in any aspect. Instead, you should always provide a unique perspective, showing your readers that you can offer valuable insight that they can’t get anywhere else.
Learn About How Your Potential Customers Behave
Image Credit: https://www.hostinger.com/tutorials/ecommerce-statistics
According to Oberlo, it’s estimated that in 2021, there will be 2.14 billion global digital buyers, which accounts for approximately 27.2% of the world’s population.
There’s a high chance that your audience is out there, waiting to shop at your online store. But it’s up to you to do the proper research and discover exactly who you are selling to and how to keep them coming back for more.
Here are some statistics to help you out (according to Hostinger):
- When looking at gender demographics, women shop online approximately 1 time per year, whereas men only shop 5.4 times. The study also reports that women shop more impulsively, and men research the product beforehand while also spending more per transaction.
- Generation-wise, 60% of Millennials choose to online shop versus making a transaction in person. Even more significant, 3% of them make at least one e-commerce purchase monthly.
- In comparison to Baby Boomers, Millennials spend a lot less on products. Baby Boomers spend an average of $203 per online transaction, and Millennials spend about $173. Also, this older generation typically researches products and looks at reviews/recommendations before shopping.
- So, who are the most loyal customers? Gen X. Around 70%, to be exact. The Gen X demographic in the United States are less likely to try new businesses. If you want to target them as an audience, companies need to use personalized marketing to connect one-on-one with Gen Xers.
- The last generation that was studied was Gen Z. These consumers depend on social media platforms for shopping ideas. Also, 8% of them are less likely to make a shopping list. 22% are more prone to impulse buying, primarily through social media.
- Although paid marketing and sponsored content are effective, word-of-mouth is the #1 way that businesses are promoted. 81% of shoppers trust their friends and family members more than they trust brands.
- Relating to social media again, 47% of customers want brands to speak out on social media. 70% want brands to speak on public issues. If shoppers agree with that brand’s stance, 36% of customers agree that they will more than likely purchase from their site. However, businesses should focus on public issues that are related to them.
This study shows that millennials and women are more than likely the biggest influence on the online shopping industry today. If your store caters to an older audience, then you should always have reviews and recommendations (but you should also have this regardless). Articles about the merchandise, along with product page content, is a great way to draw customers. Social media advertising is also pivotal for younger generations, especially Gen Z.
While it may seem evident that brands are less trustworthy than the people we know, it’s a good idea to set up an affiliate program if you haven’t already. This is also a sure way for Gen Z to hear about your product since they typically follow and keep up to date with influencers, bloggers, and content creators on YouTube, Twitch, etc. The more dedicated fanbase an influencer has, the more trusting new consumers will be.
The last piece of advice we’ll give is to pay attention to the trends! If you fail to keep up with the competition and underachieve, it’s a good chance you’ll fail.
EcomBack is Here to the Rescue!
Our Search Engine Optimization services provide SEO solutions at an affordable price. The EcomBack team consistently achieves quality results and gives you a competitive advantage over other businesses that don’t hire an SEO agency. Our marketing plan is the key to staying ahead and fulfilling your sales target.
We not only take your website’s online visibility to the next level, but we also increase your website position through search engines and handle all daily tasks such as studying your company’s website content and coding. Our services guarantee maximum payoff and will increase customer traffic like never before.
- Content Development
- Mobile SEO
- Link Building
- Local SEO
- Keyword Research
- Google My Business SEO
- Website Analysis
- E-commerce SEO
- On-page Optimization
- Search Engine Marketing
We are fully committed to offering SEO techniques that will show long-lasting results. Contact us for a free consultation and quote today!